50 WAYS TO SUPPORT YOUR LIVER
Giving our liver a bit of love isn’t the sexiest of things when it comes to optimal health and wellbeing, but it’s an absolute non-negotiable.
Our liver is responsible for countless different functions that both keep us alive and contribute to the rest of the body’s systems functioning the way they should be.
Your liver truly embodies the multi hyphen method and runs with it.
- The liver is paramount for detoxification of potent and toxic chemicals and pollutants, present internally and externally.
- Your liver also detoxifies medication, supplements, alcohol and microbes.
- Regulation of blood sugar levels.
- Detoxification and regulation of multiple different hormones.
- Storage of essential vitamins.
- Recycling red blood cells.
- Your Liver aids in the digestion and breaking down food, mainly through the production of bile.
- Anti-oxidants found in the liver neutralise free radicals that can cause harm and ageing.
If you’re looking to achieve optimal health, its time to start giving that liver as much love as you would to say, your skin. Luckily for you, we’ve listed 50 ways to support your liver and give it that much-needed love it deserves. As with all our content, this article is for educational purposes only. Always speak to your doctor or health care professional before making any changes.
Milk thistle – tea or tincture
Inhibit/ avoid: processed junk food
Inhibit/ avoid: sugar
Inhibit/ avoid: caffeine
Inhibit/ avoid: tuna, large fish
Inhibit/ avoid: environmental toxins found in self-care products
Essential fatty acids
Antioxidants: lots of bright fruits and veggies
Iron (from food if not deficient)
Small, oily fish
Extra Virgin Olive Oil